Banana Bread (Lockdown Bread)
By the end of April 2020, internet searches for banana bread had soared by 525 per cent and pictures of successful bakes were posted on Instagram more than 45,000 times.
So...here we are again. In another lockdown. If you've already watched the Tiger King series on Netflix or done a Joe Wicks workout but haven't made any banana bread...then here is a simple yet tasty recipe that will get you through lockdown!
3 ripe bananas
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
All you have to do
1. Mash bananas with fork.
2. Preheat oven to 325F (220C) - Grease your loaf pan.
3. Combine bananas, sugar, egg and butter together in a bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, mix flour and baking soda. Stir the banana mixture.
5. Mash everything together - this is the fun part! Put into loaf pan.
6. Bake in the over for about 20 minutes and check to see if top is brown.
7. Add tin foil to cover the top - this will prevent it from burning (I made this mistake the first time I made this) - and put back in the oven for 20 minutes and then...
7. Take out of the oven and enjoy your lockdown banana bread!