Purple Cauliflowers Roasted
This is probably the easiest way to prepare cauliflower ever, and it’s just about the tastiest that I can think of.
To be honest, it’s hard to even call this a recipe, since it’s so ridiculously simple. But the flavour and abundant herbaceousness will have everyone you serve it to asking how to make it.
Using multi-coloured cauliflower is my favourite way to serve up this easy side dish because the florets pop with gorgeous colour. The orange, the purple, and the white all complement each other so well, making it just right to brighten up whatever you are serving for dinner.
- 2heads cauliflower (1 purple, 1 white)
- 1 head broccoli
- 75ml Olive Oil
- 1 tbspchopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 tbspchopped basil
- 1 1/2 tspchopped thyme
- 1/2 tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Zest of 1lemon
- Juice of 2lemons
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Wash and trim cauliflower and broccoli, chopping the florets into small equally-sized pieces.
- Add cauliflower and broccoli to a large bowl with olive oil, parsley, basil, and thyme. Toss to combine, making sure the florets are coated evenly with the oil and herbs.
- Spread the mixture onto a large rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper in an even layer. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and lemon zest. Squeeze lemon juice over the vegetables.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, tossing halfway through cooking.
- Once the cauliflower has browned and is cooked through, remove from the oven. Serve immediately with an extra sprinkle of freshly chopped parsley.